1. Department has organized one day workshop on "Image Processing using MATLAB" on 16th day of March 2016.
2. The department has organized industrial visit to KGTTI, Bengaluru on 24th day of March-2016 for 5th semester students, to get insight into the Industrial Automation process, embedded system design methodology etc.
3. Project Exhibition Meraki-2016 is organized by the department on 11th May 2016 to showcase student’s talents and their innovation led to innovative products.
4. Department organised Drug Awareness Program, "The truth about Drugs" on behalf of "Foundation of Drug free " on 8-10th October 2015
5. The department organized a workshop on "Stress-free Teaching" in association with Art of Living Foundation in 2014
6. A two day Inter-collegiate Robotics Workshop and Competition was conducted at RRIT, in collaboration with IIT - Delhi and Robosapiens - Noida on 15th and 16th of February 2013. Three teams participated in the finals at IIT, Delhi.
7. The department organized an Industrial visit to BSNL in 2013.
8. A Seminar was conducted at RRIT on the "Telecom Services in India" on 05-02-2013 for the faculty, students of 5th and 7th Semesters of ECE Department, addressed by Dr. H. L. Viswanath.
9. A Workshop was conducted at RRIT on the "Career Awareness Program" by CoreEl Technologies on 19-03-2013.
10. A Workshop was conducted at RRIT on the "Career and Market Trends in Embedded Systems" by Epitome Technologies on 09-04-2013.
11. A Seminar was conducted at RRIT on the "Mobile Communication Technologies" on 19-11-2012 for the faculty, students of 5th and 7th Semesters of ECE Department, addressed by Mr.Muralidhara of District Telecom Training Centre of BSNL. Later Mrs.MeeraVenkat of BSNL talked about the vocational training programs being offered by BSNL to the students of final year.
1. Bhavana K, Rashmi H N, Sneha v, Sinshy Jacob, Gagana S M, Anija S Nair,SwathiLakshmi,Namratha N have secured IInd place in Dance group event at Kalatarranga held on 29th and 30thapril 2016, at RRIT- Bangalore.
2. Brunda of II nd semester ECE have secured IInd place in Dance classical solo event at Kalatarranga held on 29th and 30thapril 2016, at RRIT- Bangalore.
3. ShafaniaKouser M of VIII semester ECE have secured Ist place in Mehandi event at Kalatarranga held on 29th and 30thapril 2016, at RRIT- Bangalore.
4. Deepika and Charmila of VI semester Ece, have secured IInd place in Collage event at Kalatarranga held on 29th and 30thapril 2016, at RRIT- Bangalore.
5. Divya K S, Megha A R, Rashmi s, Of VI Semester ECE have secured IInd place in Anthyakshari event at Kalatarranga held on 29th and 30thapril 2016, at RRIT- Bangalore.
6. Monica,Shwetha,NandaKumari, Swarnamba, Anusha.M.K, Hema.S, Rekha.S, of VI semester Ece have secured runner place in Throw Ball event at Kalatarranga held on 29th and 30thapril 2016, at RRIT- Bangalore.
7. Anija s Nair, Namratha N, Bhavana k, Sinshy Jacob, Gagana S M had participated in UDHBAV 16 at MSRIT held from 20th march to 1stapril 2016.
8. The students of the department won the Chairman's Cup in the inter-collegiate Cricket Tournament conducted by RR Group of Institutions - 2014.
9. The faculty of the department won the inter-collegiate Cricket Tournament Trophy in Kalatarranga- 2013.
10. Mahalakshmi, Naveen N Padi, has successfully completed inBSNL SILVER CERTIFIED ENGINEER course of 18 weeks in 2014 with required hands on practical training at BSNL training provider DTTC Bengaluru.
11. Three students of the department have undergone the Employability Enhancement Training Program at KGTTI , a program organized in collaboration with AICTE.
12. The department received funding for its undergraduate project "An Automatic Collision Detection and Acceleration Control for Vehicle" from Karnataka State Council for Science & Technology (KSCST) in 2013.
It lays high emphasis on technical and non-technical pre-placement training, to prepare students to excel at interviews and recruitment processes. Students are constantly motivated through counseling, to boost their morale. Students are also informed and advised on the importance of maintaining good academic scores as these play a major role during recruitment.
Students are trained to develop their skills to handle interviews in the best manner possible. Mock tests have been made mandatory and other industry-relevant evaluation procedures are followed. In addition, the Placement Cell helps students improve their communication and presentation skills. Specific technical and non-technical pre-placement training conducted at various levels equips students to handle interviews and recruitment processes, and emerge successful.
All our PG and majority of our UG students undergo Internship training as part of their curriculum to gain experience , besides practicing their learning skills beyond textbook and class room lecture. Here are the few companies listed out where our students have undergone internship training